My Writing Favorites



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I almost said 'Welcome Back to Julia Rose' and then realized how redundant that was. Because obviously, unless you're really tired and didn't bother to read where you were clicking (highly unadvisable, if you ask me. XD), you know where you are. So, therefore, I would rather like to thank you for taking the time out of your life to come over here and read about my little writings.
Today, I've got a fun list of all of my writing favorites! Shall we proceed?

my favorite writing utensil


I say utensil because I'm rather partial to mechanical pencils and that doesn't sound as cool as pens. Henceforth, 'writing utensil'. My very favorite of all times, however, would have to be this cedar wood mechanical pencil (yes, it's a mechanical pencil. It doesn't look like one, does it?!) that my great uncle made for me (he made a set for each of the kids in my family). It's from the wood of one of my grandparents' trees that I used to play on when I was little, so it's pretty special. :)


My second favorite, of course, would be the pen in the set that my great uncle made. :P
It writes so smoooooothly....
my favorite writing music


 Hands down, David Garrett. Particularly his 'Garret vs. Paganini' album, but most of his stuff is pretty amazing anyways. And in case you aren't looking him up already, it's violin music. i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. violin music! My personal favorite single is La Campanella. *sighs happily* And his stuff is almost entirely instrumental and I personally can't write with lyrical music playing. :)

my favorite writing spot
There is no better writing spot than on my nicely made, color coordinated, fluffy bed covered in books and snacks and pens and pencils. Plus, I have a great view of our front yard!
I know people say it's better to write at a desk or something. But desks can't be turned into writing nests! And desks don't have enough space, either (even though I have a phenomenal desk). And it takes a lot more work to color coordinate a table!
 
Now, the beach does come close. Maybe even tops it, but I rarely get to write at the beach (except for this week!).
how is that view not stunning?!
my favorite writing quote

This one, by fellow YDubber (YWW member - Young Writers Workshop) Dylan Yarbrough. :)
"With writing, you almost get to live the life you'll never have."
And it's quite true, and part of the reason I love writing! I have so many diverse characters with such different lives in many distant lands!
my favorite writing snack
writing without snacks is just sad.
Therefore, I have many favorite writing snacks lest I exhaust the supply of one or the other. Right now, my favorites are these Outshine fruit popsicle things. It's something I can have despite my many food allergies, along with frozen cherries and apples with almond butter!
but of course, chocolate will forever and always be the very best (it just so happens that I'm dairy sensitive right now though..)!
my favorite writing outfit
 
Yes, there is such a thing. It's inspirational (and I'm um, wearing it right now) and consists of my favorites: my YWW turquoise top and MudLove dream necklace.
Can I just say that I love both of these and they're probably the most worn things in all of my wardrobe? :)
my favorite writing tip

JUST DO IT.

Yeah, yeah. It's not technically a writing tip. XD But I mean, it works, right? Just outline already, write that hard scene, push through and just do it.
 
That'd be my advice for just about every writer out there. XD I'm rather blunt, aren't I?
 

my favorite writing time
The few hours fondly dubbed 'golden hour(s)' during sunset. *smiles happily* My room faces the sunset, so it casts this magical little glow over my favorite writing spot. Plus, beach sunsets:
 
 
What are some of your writing favorites? Do you have that one special pen or pencil?
 
And hey, where's the most interesting place you've ever written? Let me know in the comments!
 

9 comments

  1. Ooh! These are all pretty neat! Your uncle made that!? Wow, no wonder it’s your favorite! I want to do a post similar to this now, ugh. Why can’t I come up with original ideas?😂 Hm, the coolest place I’ve ever written is probably on a ferry on the way to Disney World. I like writing in the car a lot too though. And now I have an original idea for a post, so there we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my great-uncle (hehe, I think I must have worded it wrong. he is pretty great though. XD) - my grandmother's brother - and I really do love it! Oooh, a ferry! :D The car is sometimes a pretty good place. ;) Oh, have fun writing!!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! <3 That beach sunset... is... gorgeous. "Write by the beach" is now on my bucket list. :D
    I've pinned that writing quote, simply 'cause it's awesome and so true. Through writing, I can experience the life I never lived. *sighs happily*
    And that's so cool that your great uncle made writing utensils out of cedar wood!! I wonder how he did that - it must have taken lots of skill...
    Okay, since you got to share your favorites, I get to share mine (XD):
    writing utensil: whatever's close on hand. *shrugs* maybe my special ballpoint pen; it flows nicely.
    writing music: I actually don't listen to music when I write, that much? I mostly just listen to those hour-long-relaxing-music-soundtracks when I need to focus.
    writing spot: I usually just sit at my desk, but... outside, definitely. It's so nice and peaceful out there, plus no one thinks I'm crazy for talking to my charries because no one can hear me.
    writing quote: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AQSAVIIW8KniNZr79-tUdQmeHHZ6LqCV2t2eLoLu0SUNkJi5sLR8zBo/
    writing snack: CHOCOLAAAAAAAATE, hands down!
    writing outfit: whatever I happen to be wearing.
    writing tip: same as yours. JUST DO IT
    writing time: oohh, probably in the early morning! I always feel really refreshed, then. :D

    I sincerely apologize for such a long, wacky, choppy comment. XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post!! My favorite spot to write is outside leaning against a hay bail. I normally write at night. Chocolate is the BEST for writing (I think they make special kinds of chocolate that doesn't have milk in it. Although I don't know how it tastes.) As I said, I love this post. :)

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! Woah! That writing utensil is so cool and special! :D
    I love the beach. So much. I'm not going until May though.
    I usually write on my bed or the couch. But usually my bed.
    That sunset is gorgeous. Also that outfit looks amazingly comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I want that mechanical pencil! Your great uncle is so professional! Nooooo I didn't ever think of writing by the beach though I MUST do it someday. Hmm the most interesting place I have ever written at/by/in is probably in a dorm during some camp because I was bored XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a lot of pens.s . . .. Like A LOT!
    It depends on what I'm writing, I have some super smooth colorful gel pens but their smear easily, then I have a pen with a stuffed animal on the back but it doesn't write very well, I have erasable pens, so those are good for mistakes, Pilot G2-07 pens write really smooth, but they are sort of boring, I have a smooth blue brush pen but that's not the best for just writing normally, my favorite is probably my fancy wooden pen I got for my birthday, it writes so smoothly! I also like using pencils because they are all erasable (but I mean there are erasable pens too but. . .) My favorite pencil is the one I take to school, it's a refillable neon yellow mechanical pencil with a purple pencil grip, then I have my pencil with a sea otter on the top, but that one just sort of sits there and looks pretty, I have a the giant pencil from the Alamo you sent me, it's hard to write with but it's fun, and then I have some colorful non-refillable mechanical pencils that are pretty nice. :) My favorite place I've ever written was probably in a bench in a redwood forest and the light was just peeking through the trees. It was really peaceful. I also like writing on the beach since I'm not that far away, and I write at my desk a lot, I have the same desk as you, so thanks for complimenting my desk! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved these! Our favorites are very similar! I wish I could say that I had a writing outfit, but I don't. I also enjoy writing on my bed, though!
    -Rose
    https://apurposeofwingeddogs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading this, Julia Rose! Thanks for posting!

    My desk is probably my favorite place to write. I use my computer mostly, but I also like using notebooks from Frecklebox. Mechanical pencils are the best!

    ReplyDelete