perfection isn't the purpose

Two years later
so confined by the personal expectation of perfection
to the point of questioning the capitalization of the title of this post
too worried about the layout of the blog (which no longer reflects my style) to do anything with it
having dozens of drafts (it's really quite annoying) because none of them are 'good enough'
staying up until two am because existential crisis just like everyone else
so what am I going to do about it?
I will never arrive at perfection
I will never be perfectly satisfied (shhh don't start quoting hamilton or anything)
so do I quit, do I cry, do I give up?
it's a rather tempting idea but I refuse.

so this blog is no longer to be a perfect and professional platform, it's my blog, I doubt anyone reads it anyways anymore so why can't I do what I want?
I can. 
So there, perfectionism.

Enough about that. 
I just graduated high school (yay!) so I'm taking a gap year for various reasons. And so I'll be sharing my adventures, my little bucket list achievements, anything and everything I want to record of my gap year. That is the new purpose for this blog. I can also share any of my writing that I want to, try to make people smile, try to make people think. 

Really, anything I want to.

If anyone is still reading this, be prepared for randomness, for rambles, for total spontaneity and lack of schedule. 

Sincerely,
Julia Rose

1 comments

  1. I am so glad you're back! Also,this post really inspired me, so thanks for that.(even though I don't think that was your intention...XD)
    Anyway, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete